27 Jul We are Seeking new Board Members
We believe that building connections between neighbours increases the strength of the community overall and leads to more inclusive, healthier and happier communities.
We are seeking board members who resonate with this vision to help us guide and grow the organisation. In particular, we are seeking to recruit a number of non-executive directors to the board with background and professional experience in HR, Legal, Business Development and Marketing & Communications.
The successful candidates will have experience working in a similar role, either in a commercial organisation or another charity.
Expectations of all Board members include:
- An understanding, appreciation of and commitment to Neighbourhood Network’s vision, mission and values.
- To provide input to the strategic direction of the organisation.
- To inform, with expertise and experience, the organisation’s formation.
- To act as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board members.
- To comply with the organisation’s governing document.
- Possible membership of a Sub-Committee of the Board.
Shared responsibilities of all board members include:
- Ensuring the organisation is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the organisation
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Overseeing the management of the assets of the organisation
- Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance.
- The Board meets monthly, 11 times per year on Mondays, Via Zoom, for 1.5 hours.
- The time commitment is 1-2 hours a week with monthly meetings. The term of office is 1-2 years with the ability to renew for a further term.
- AGM held in April in Dublin or via Zoom.
Remuneration: This is a voluntary role.
Role specific responsibilities
- Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- To provide guidance to the CEO and Board on the legal framework required to support and manage the growth in the development of the organisation and its multi-stakeholder relationships, funding models, service level agreements and programme and project contracts
- To provide general expertise and advice on all matters relating to corporate governance and Law
- To support the Board on legal issues, including regulatory compliance with the CRO and the Charities Regulator.
- To support the development and monitoring of effective risk management strategies.
- Essential Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Minimum three years’ professional experience in a legal expertise role, e.g., a Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Expertise in areas such as Employment and Commercial Law would be an advantage
- Knowledge of legal requirements and duties within the non-profit sector would be advantageous
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
About Neighbourhood Network
Street Feast CLG (T/A Neighbourhood Network) is an Irish not-for-profit organisation which aims to promote social inclusion, tackle loneliness and build supportive and resilient neighbourhoods around Ireland. Our work creates communities of empowered people, with a strong sense of local identity, and builds empathy and understanding between neighbours.
We are a young organisation that is building from the work of early social entrepreneurial pioneers. We are committed to achieving a high standard of organisational governance.
In 2020 the organisation focused on building strong foundations towards adopting the Charities Governance Code and we expect that 2021 will see significant progress in this area. The work was begun in building a values-based board and creating the systems, policies and structures essential for a vibrant organisation with high safety and compliance standards. Neighbourhood Network operates under the legal entity of Street Feast CLG (company register number 622674, Registered Charity: Pending).
Our year culminates with the national day of street lunches and community celebrations called ‘Street Feast’ that each year brings together over 110,000 people in 1,150 communities, through the simple act of sharing a meal with their neighbours. Since Street Feast began 10 years ago, we have seen a total of 5,563 Street Feasts take place across Ireland. President Michael D Higgins is our patron.
In 2020 we expanded our vision and mission, developed a range of dynamic community development programmes, and adopted a new name for the organisation; Neighbourhood Network.
For more information on our current openings and to apply see – Boardmatch