12 Feb Job opportunity with Neighbourhood Network / Street Feast CLG
Role: Business Development & Fundraising Executive
Contract: Part-time 6 month contract, with potential to extend
Location: Working from home
Neighbourhood Network is an Irish not-for-profit organisation which aims to promote social inclusion, tackle loneliness and build supportive and resilient neighbourhoods around Ireland. Our work creates communities of empowered people, with a strong sense of local identity, and builds empathy and understanding between neighbours.
We have been in operation for over 10 years, running campaigns and programmes that help to build community. Neighbourhood Network’s year culminates with its national day of street lunches and community celebrations ‘Street Feast’ that each year brings together over 110,000 people in 1,150 communities, through the simple act of sharing a meal with their neighbours. Since Neighbourhood Network began Street Feast in 2010, we have seen a total of 5,563 Street Feasts take place across Ireland. President Michael D Higgins has been our patron since 2016.
A vacancy now exists for the part-time position of Business Development & Fundraising Executive. Working closely with the operations team this person will be responsible for all fundraising related activities of the Neighbourhood Network organisation.
The purpose of the Business Development & Fundraising role is to identify and secure sources of income for Neighbourhood Network. The Fundraising Executive’s key responsibility is to design and implement Neighbourhood Network’s annual fundraising strategy. The fundraising strategy paves the way for the organisation to have a sustainable yearly income stream from a variety of different sources including local authorities, corporate sponsorship, CSR and philanthropic donors whilst identifying new areas of growth and new concepts for development.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and help grow the organisation from the roots up! If you’ve a passion for fundraising and excellent communication and relationship building skills and are interested in creating happier and healthier communities, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Fundraising Responsibilities
– Maintain and develop upon the organisation’s fundraising strategy, to deliver on Neighbourhood Network’s financial targets.
– Build strong working relationships with funders
– Identify new funding opportunities (grants, major donors, local authorities)
– Write funding applications
– Develop strategic financial & non-financial partnerships
– Research and design new projects with the CEO & the operations team, to meet the organisation’s strategic aims
– Prepare monthly fundraising reports for the CEO and Board
– Maintain relationships with funders and non-financial partners
– Advise on the design, sales and coordination of projects and programmes
– Collaborate with and support other team members in fulfilling their roles when needed
– 2 years fundraising experience
– Excellent relationship building skills
– Strong strategic, creative, analytical, organisational and personal related skills and experience in delivering plans across multiple channels
– Strong presentation and communications skills
– Proficiency in Excel, including formulas
– Proficiency in Google Workspace products, including PowerPoint, Sheets, Docs, etc
– Fundraising Pipeline experience
– Passion for our mission!
– Reports to CEO
– Central role in our 5 person team at Street Feast CLG
– Flexible 6 month contract. Part-time at 15hrs per week.
– Remuneration: Between €15 – €18 p/h. €31,200 – €37,4440 pro rata
– Deadline for applications extended to 12th March.
How to Apply
To apply for the position please send an email outlining your experience and your interest, complete with your CV, to Sam Bishop email@example.com – CEO of Street Feast CLG and Neighbourhood Network