13 Jul NN#14 Virtual Farmers Markets, Irish Stories and more…
Good morning Neighbourhood Networkers!
We hope you all enjoyed the sunshine this weekend. For a round up of this week’s neighbourly news, scroll on!
Some stories to share…
What’s in #NN14:
- Launch of Irish COVID-19 Oral History Project
- Through the Pane: Highlighting Inspiring Irish Stories During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Unleash the Artist In You: Learn to Draw Online
- Keeping it in the NeighbourFood: Virtual Farmers Markets
- Join our Virtual Chat on Helping our Communities Post-Lockdown
- Make Music from the Comfort of Your Home
- Check in With Your Neighbours for Tea-at-3!
Launch of Irish COVID-19 Oral History Project
The Irish COVID-19 Oral History Project is a rapid response oral history project based at DCU focused on archiving the Irish lived experience of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The purpose of this project is to curate a COVID-19 oral history collection of the Irish experience and how different people in our community are living through this crisis, both in Ireland and abroad.
These oral histories will inform current and future research into shaping responses to future pandemics and/or global crises going forward. They will also enable a deeper understanding of the impact that such global events have on Irish society. To take part in the project, visit their website here.
Through the Pane: Highlighting Stories During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Ireland
Unleash the Artist In You
- For children, teens and adults, the Crawford Art Gallery have a whole host of resources to help you learn to draw, from colouring downloaded masterpieces to exploring tone values. There are numerous videos to watch, and even groups to join. Visit the Crawford Art Gallery Learn and Explore page here.
- Explore and learn about art, from children’s drawing activities and colouring to podcasts and the National Gallery on Youtube. Discover it all on their site here.
- Learning to draw with Don Conroy isn’t just for the littles, it’s for not so littles who want to brush up on their drawing skills. It’s for quality time together expressing your artistic skills, or lack of. It’s for fun. Visit Don’s Youtube page here.
Keeping it in the NeighbourFood: Virtual Farmers Markets Bring Local Produce to Your Home
If you haven’t already started growing your own food, there’s always time with GIY. But in the meantime, let the professionals guide on on great tasting, seasonal produce, and all from your locality. From cheese, to chicken, fish to flowers – you’ll be well fed and have your home looking pretty in no time! Find your local market on the Neighbourfood site here.
Join our Chat on Helping our Communities Post-Lockdown
Join us on Tuesday, July 14th at 8pm to chat about the journey Irish community support groups have taken so far during Phase 3, and how we can continue to support our communities post-lockdown.
No interaction necessary. Tea, cakes, and buns are encouraged for all of those watching from home!
Make Music at Home with these Irish Music Academies
This summer could be your golden opportunity to learn to an instrument of your choice. The Piano Academy of Ireland are giving virtual piano lessons over on their site here.
If trad. is more your thing, head to the Online Academy of Irish Music’s website here for virtual lessons. Make sure you check in with their Facebook page where they host tutorials and live trad sessions featuring a whole host of international musicians.
Check in with your neighbours for Tea-at-3!
Thank you to Ailis for sending in this lovely pic of her local indoor Tea at Three gathering this past Saturday. We would love to see your event photos from your weekly neighbourhood check in every Saturday at 3pm. Please feel free to message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Sign up for FREE TEA RESOURCES here!
That’s all for now
We would love to hear your stories and profiles of some of the amazing Neighbourhood Networkers doing great work in your communities.
Want to nominate a neighbour? Fill this short form out and we’ll be in touch!
We’ve designed Neighbourhood Network – a tool to help support the people all over the country who are responding to this call. Register your existing group or sign up as a volunteer/coordinator here!
We hope you all have a wonderful week! Stay safe and wash your hands!