15 Jun Three Ways you can Get Involved in Community this Summer
I hope you had a lovely sunny weekend, there’s lots coming up over the last few weeks of June and we can’t wait to celebrate and make the most of the summer sun (and rain) with you all!
The Community Activity Challenge
Get to know your neighbours this summer
Last week we relaunched our Community Activity Challenge for Summer 2021, supported across Dublin and Kildare by the National Lottery HSE Fund and in Wicklow by Wicklow County Council as well. Check out our latest blog post for more info.
For the main challenge this summer we are working with communities in Cabra, Swords, Dublin 8, Tallagh, Dún Laoghaire, Bray, North Wicklow, Newbridge and Maynooth. We’d love to hear from neighbours in these areas, but anyone can sign up for some digital community resources below!
Goings on about Town
Festivals, Events, Celebrations..
The easing of restrictions has paved the way for some amazing events, festivals and celebrations over the coming weeks, some are taking place in socially distanced settings and some virtually. Check out some of our favourites below!
- Dublin City Council’s Eat the Streets Festival, which is running until June 20th
- The Brightening Air “Season of arts experiences” from the Arts Council is running all over the country until June 20th
- The Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year takes place on June 21st – It could be nice to celebrate this one with your neighbours!
- Dublin Pride has organised a whole month of events to celebrate the 2021 Pride festival! Over the next few weeks their series will focus on Health, Wellbeing & Community, including the 2021 virtual pride parade on June 26th!
- Cruinniú na nÓg – Ireland’s national celebration of youth creativity took place on Saturday June 12th, but you can still check out all of the wonderful work that went into the festival online!
If you are involved with or looking forward to any other creative community festivals or events coming up over the summer we’d love to hear about them!
If you’re based in Westmeath, Monaghan or Meath and are looking for a project to get stuck into this summer, we’re on the hunt for community organisers to get involved with our Time Machine Project.
Community Organisers will facilitate interviews between a group of younger and older people in their communities as part of this creative time capsule project. If you’d like to sign up or hear more about this initiative pop an email to [email protected]!
Register your neighbourhood/ existing group or sign up here!
Take care & stay safe,
Áine & the Neighbourhood Network Team